1. Exhale, pull right knee up with the right foot just in front of the right hip a few inches away from the left thigh. Keep bottom leg straight and flexed.
2. Inhale, reach right arm up to ceiling.
3. Exhale, wrap right arm around leg (low on shin) to meet left wrist behind back. Clasp left wrist with right hand and bring chin towards shin of straight leg, lengthening forward.
5. Exhale, bend forward, head towards knee. Drishti: toes.
Hold for 5-8 breaths.
1. Exhale, repeat other side.
Modified: sit straight up holding hands around knee.
Was this article helpful?
Discover How to Practice Yoga! Now you can use a practical stepbystep guide to learn Yoga techniques. Including the Practices and Exercises of Concentration, both Objective and Subjective, and Active and Passive Mentation, an Elucidation of Maya, Guru Worship, and the Worship of the Terrible, also the Mystery of Will-Force.