Utthita=extended Hasta=hand Pada=foot Padangustha=big toe
1. Inhale, right leg up, hold big toe with first two fingers of right hand, left hand on hip, right leg straight.
2. Exhale, chin towards knee. Drishti: big toe.
Hold for 5-8 breaths.
Modified posture: hold knee into chest.
3. Inhale, look up, straighten body, keeping leg extended out.
4. Exhale, right leg out to right side, look to left. Drishti: far to side.
Hold posture 5-8 breaths.
5. Inhale, leg back to center.
6. Exhale, take foot with both hands, pull leg toward chest (bending elbow), chin toward knee or shin.
8. Exhale, hands to hips, hold leg extended straight out in front for 3 breaths. With last exhale bring leg down to Samastithi.
Repeat other side.
Modified posture: keep knee bent as you bring leg out to side and back in to chest.
Was this article helpful?
If you're set on loosing weight and becoming more flexible with yoga. Then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read! Who Else Wants To Quickly Get Into Shape, Loose Weight, And Become More 'In Tune' With Your Mind, Body And Spirit In Just 5 Days? It doesn't matter if you've never exercised a day in your life, or your the most fit person in the world... This Yoga guide will help you not only get MORE fit, but make you feel more energized after each workout!