Parsva=side Uttana=intense stretch
1. Inhale, jump feet out 3 ft apart, right foot parallel to edge of mat (90 degrees) left heel turned in (left foot at a 45-60 degree angle).
2. Exhale, hands in prayer behind back, turn hips to right, lift kneecaps.
3. Inhale, look up, open chest.
4. Exhale, press palms together not clasping thumbs or fingers, stretch out and then down, bend from the hips forward over right leg, bring chin toward shin. Pull right hip back so hips are parallel, lift elbows.
Drishti: 2nd toe of extended foot. Hold for 5-8 breaths.
6. Exhale, turn hips to left, reverse feet.
7. Inhale, open chest, look up and back.
8. Exhale, bend forward over left leg. Hold 5-8 breaths.
10. Exhale, hop to Samasthiti.
Modified posture: hold elbows behind back instead of hands in prayer, stay at half way down position with head up, spine straight.
Was this article helpful?
If you're set on loosing weight and becoming more flexible with yoga. Then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read! Who Else Wants To Quickly Get Into Shape, Loose Weight, And Become More 'In Tune' With Your Mind, Body And Spirit In Just 5 Days? It doesn't matter if you've never exercised a day in your life, or your the most fit person in the world... This Yoga guide will help you not only get MORE fit, but make you feel more energized after each workout!