Ardha=half Baddha=bound Padma=lotus Uttana=intense stretch
1. Inhale, place the right heel as close to the navel as possible.
2. Exhale, reach around behind back with right hand and hold onto big toe of right foot.
3. Inhale, lift left arm up.
4. Exhale, bend forward, looking straight ahead, left hand on floor. Drishti: nose.
Hold for 5-8 breaths.
5. Inhale, head up, look between eyebrows.
6. Exhale, fold forward, crown of head towards floor.
8. Exhale, spine straight.
10. Exhale, leg down to Samastithi. Repeat left side,l-I0.
Modified posture: hold foot up in half lotus with both hands, 5-8 breaths, don't bend forward. Or bend forward with both hands to the floor, and knee bent.
Was this article helpful?
Discover How to Practice Yoga! Now you can use a practical stepbystep guide to learn Yoga techniques. Including the Practices and Exercises of Concentration, both Objective and Subjective, and Active and Passive Mentation, an Elucidation of Maya, Guru Worship, and the Worship of the Terrible, also the Mystery of Will-Force.