Tiriang=reverse Mukha=Face Eka-pada=one leg Paschima=west (back side of body) Uttana=intense stretch
1. Exhale through to sitting with right foot by right hip, knees close together, left leg extended straight out in front. Before starting pose, lift flesh of left buttock and make room for the right calf by turning it out a bit with hands.
3. Exhale, fold forward, hold top of foot with both hands or clasp left wrist with right hand around foot.
4. Inhale, look up between eyebrows.
5. Exhale, come forward and down, chin to shin or knee. Work to bring both hips to the floor. Keep both shoulders at same level with shoulder blades moving down the back, elbows off floor.
Drishti: big toe of extended foot.
Modified posture: place left hand out to side and push to keep right hip down. Or as above, but with a block or pillow under left buttock for support.
7. Exhale, repeat other side.
VINYASA TO SITTING
Was this article helpful?
Discover How to Practice Yoga! Now you can use a practical stepbystep guide to learn Yoga techniques. Including the Practices and Exercises of Concentration, both Objective and Subjective, and Active and Passive Mentation, an Elucidation of Maya, Guru Worship, and the Worship of the Terrible, also the Mystery of Will-Force.