1. Listen to your body. Only through your own internal awareness The Challenge wiU you come to understand when to work harder or deeper The true challenge is not can you do a handstand, but can you and when to move more slowly.
apply yoga to your life?
Ashtanga Yoga is 99% practice, 1% theory. Pattabhi Jois.
2. The breath should always be louder than your internal Yoga truly begins when you leave the classroom.Yoga is a way of dialogue. living.
3. Never force yourself into a pose, no posture is worth injury.
4. Take the ambition out of it. You are competing with no one.
Every posture reflects something about our internal state. Some days you may have trouble with the balancing postures and notice you are having trouble juggling all the different things in your life. Another day you may discover you're not as flexible as the day before, perhaps you've become a bit less fluid in your thinking or
5. Less is more with yoga. Take your time and build your practice • u- ir r _u j o j j r actions, resistant to stretching yourself a bit further.
slowly, there is nowhere to "get" to.
Flexibility • strength • grounded • balance • centered • clarity •
6. Set up a regular practice for yourself. Practice is the key to the „ . . „ „i << j ..
r b r 1 1 lightness • wholeness • peace — these are all directly applicable, entire science of yoga.
7. Enjoy your practice. Acknowledge and receive the gift you are giving yourself.
translatable to our daily lives. Nothing is separate. The path of least effort is one of union, yoga.
Take the lessons of yoga and apply them to your life.
Was this article helpful?