The Kundalini is the boundless energy of our Soul. it lies dormant, ready and waiting to be awakened. The awakening process involves 3 complementary principles.
(1) Activation is the conscious effort or the masculine aspect. Activation is associated with practicing a discipline involving techniques designed to shift energy. Activation involves some form of action or "doing."
(2) Allowing is the conscious acceptance of what is occurring. Allowing is the feminine aspect. Allowing involves simply being, doing nothing, but at the same time being very aware of what is happening.
(3) Alignment is the integration or the result of activation and allowing. The goal is two fold (1) to align our energy with universal energy, so that universal energy effortlessly flows through us and (2) to align our body, mind and emotions so our infinite potential is unleashed within us.
The practice of Kundalini yoga incorporates these 3 principles.
(1) Activation takes place with the practice of asanas or yoga exercises. When it is properly functioning, the release of the energy of the Kundalini is facilitated. The power of the exercises is enhanced with the breath and the internal recitation of mantras. The exercises strengthen the nervous system, stimulate the glands to secrete, loosen up the muscles and align the skeleton. The body is the temple of the Soul.
(2) Allowing happens when we relax, let go and stop trying to make something happen. We are programmed to try to control ourselves, the events in our lives and our environments. Yet perhaps 90% of what happens within ourselves and in our lives happens beyond our control. Ideally we would spend equal time simply being aware of what is happening and tuning into the reality of what IS. By simply allowing, we not only expand our awareness of what is transpiring within about outside ourselves, we release the resistance that prevents our energy from flowing and things from happening in our lives.
(3) Alignment has both and active and a passive component. The active component involves "applying the locks" or performing subtle internal movements in the chakras and along the spine. The passive component happens naturally when the blocks in the body have been released. The physical and energy bodies automatically align when the resistance to the natural state and flow is gone.
Was this article helpful?
Is Your Work Pressure Building Up And The 'Stress Meter' Going Up? Not Able To Find Time To Relax? Desperately Looking For Ways To Calm Your Body, Mind, And Soul And Rejuvenate Your Entire Being? Fret Not! Finally! Discover Some Little-Known, But Highly Effective And Time-Proven Tips And Tricks To Help You Learn YogaTackle Any Stressful Situation, And Keep Yourself Grounded, Relaxed And Poised Start Smiling, You Are Now Safe With Yoga!