This series prepares you for advanced sitting postures and forward bends.
1. Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you.
Press your hands on the floor behind you for support
3. Bend your right knee and place your right foot just above your left knee with your right ankle to the outside of the left knee (see Figure 15-11a).
4. Stabilize your right foot with your left hand and your right knee with your right hand; swing your right knee up and down 6 to 8 times by gently pressing and then releasing the inner right thigh.
5. Carefully lift your right foot up and cradle it in the crook of your left elbow; cradle your right knee in the crook of your right elbow and, if you can, interlock your fingers (see Figure 15-11b).
6. Lift your spine and rock your right leg gently side to side 6 to 8 times.
7. Repeat Steps 1 through 6 with the left leg.
If you can't do this sequence without pain, don't try the more advanced seated postures in Chapter 6. Moreover, we don't recommend the rock the baby sequence if you have knee or hip problems.
Was this article helpful?