Utthita means extended, stretched. Trikona (tri = three; kona = angle) is a triangle. This standing asana is the extended triangle pose.
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Plate 1)
2. Inhale deeply and with a jump spread apart the legs sideways
3 to 3V2 feet. Raise the arms sideways, in line with the shoulders, palms facing down. Keep the arms parallel to the floor. (Plate 2)
3. Turn the right foot sideways 90 degrees to the right. Turn the left foot slightly to the right, keeping the left leg stretched from the inside and tightened at the knee.
4. Exhale, bend the trunk sideways to the right, bringing the right palm near the right angle. If possible, the right palm should rest completely on the floor. (Plates 3 and 4)
5. Stretch the left arm up (as in the illustration), bringing it in line with the right shoulder and extend the trunk. The back of the legs, the back of the chest and the hips should be in line. Gaze at the thumb of the outstretched left hand. Keep the right knee locked tight by pulling up the knee-cap and keep the right knee facing the toes.
6. Remain in this position from half a minute to a minute, breathing deeply and evenly. Then lift the right palm from the floor. Inhale and return to position 2 above.
7. Now, turn the left foot sideways 90 degrees to the left, turn the right foot slightly to the left, keep both knees tight and continue from position 2 to 6, reversing all processes. Inhale and come to position 2. Hold the posture for the same length of time on the left side.
8. Exhale, and jump, coming back to Tadasana. (Plate 1)
This asana tones up the leg muscles, removes stiffness in the legs and hips, corrects any minor deformity in the legs and allows them to develop evenly. It relieves backaches and neck sprains, strengthens the ankles and develops the chest.
Was this article helpful?
Grab This Breath Modulation Audio Product Right Now And Unlock The Secrets To Achieving Success With Audio. What If You Have All The Tools And Techniques You Will Ever Need To Change Your Success And Health And Share That With Others? This Product Will Do Just That.