1. Sit in easy pose and lock your hands over your head in Venus Lock.
Circle your midsection (grind your digestive area) counter-clockwise and circle your hands and arms in the opposite direction. Move strongly. 4 Minutes. This is good for stomach and elimination, adjusts the spine, and balances your energy.
2. Stretch your legs forward. Place your hands on the ground slightly behind you for balance. Raise both legs up and down with breath of fire. Time the motion with the breath. After 1 Minute, switch to long, deep breathing but continue the leg lifts. Control your movements so that the feet don't make noise when they touch the ground. 2 1/2 Minutes.
3. Come into cobra pose. While in cobra pose, lift your hands off the ground, clap them together and return them to the ground. Use the strength of your spine to keep your upper body in position when your hands are off the ground. 2 Minutes.
4. Lie on your back and do alternate leg lifts up to 90 degrees. After one minute, chant "Sa" as you lift one leg, "Ta" as you lift the other, "Na" as you lift the first leg, and "Ma" as you lift the other. Continue 2 Minutes.
Three minutes of baby pose adjusts the gases in the body and intestines. Many diseases come from imbalances caused by misplacements of the gross and subtle airs of the body. The subtle airs are called vayus. Adjusting all these airs prevents many ailments of old age.
5. Begin lifting both legs up to 90 degrees together. As the legs come up, chant "Sa", as they go down, chant "Ta", as the legs come up, chant "Na" and as they go down, chant "Ma". 1 1/2 Minute.
Yogi Bhajan taught the following as a way to come out of this deep relaxation and he recommended it as the way to wake your body before you get up in the morning. Getting up too abruptly shocks your system and you can't compensate for that during the day. There is no set time for each movement, a. Before you open your eyes in the morning, cover them with your hands and open your eyes while they are covered. Slowly bring your hands forward, uncovering your eyes so that the light comes gradually into them.
b. Cat stretch left and right.
c. Roll your neck.
d. Stretch your feet forward pointing your toes and stretch your arms up over your head.
e. Bend forward slowly and grab your toes.
f. Get into baby pose. Do your prayers in baby pose before you get up.
g. Slowly rise up and sit on your heels in rock pose.
7. Stretch your legs forward and come up into back platform pose with the neck tilted back. Open your mouth, put your tongue out, and do breath of fire through the mouth. 1 Minute. This posture is good for the pelvis, the thyroid, and the parathyroid.
Was this article helpful?
The Growing Interest In Yoga To Unlock The Inner You Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life And Business! In this book, you will learn all about the secrets behind what Yoga really is and what yoga can do for you and your life. How yoga can help unlock the inner you.