MAY 26TH, 1986
1. Lie down flat and raise your left leg to 90 degrees. Rest your arms at your sides. Make fists of your hands. Feel that your fists are very heavy. Raise and lower both your hands at the same time as if you are lifting weights, bending at the elbows. Bring the fists to the shoulders and back down to the ground while keeping the upper arms on the ground. Your left leg stays up at 90 degrees throughout the exercise. Move as fast as you can. 2 1/2 Minutes.
This exercise creates a balance between prana and apana.
2. Raise the right leg up to 90 degrees. Raise both arms up to 90
degrees. Keep your hands in relaxed fists. Bend the elbows and lower the arms and then raise the arms back up to 90 degrees. Move the hands up and down together. Continue this motion as fast as you can. 1 Minute.
3. Put your hands under your buttocks with the palms up. (You are holding your buttocks in your hands) Do alternate leg lifts to 90 degrees and back to the ground. 3 1/2 Minutes.
4. Come up on all fours, with your weight equally distributed on your hands and feet. Walk in one spot, but lift your arms and legs as if you were actually moving around. If you feel dizzy, you must stop this immediately. Otherwise, keep going and move fast. Your hips will move a lot. 2 1/2-3 Minutes.
When you are super tense, do this exercise for 5 minutes and you will be surprised how relaxed you will become.
5. Lie down flat, with the arms flat on the ground above your head, and relax your body. Rise up, bend forward, and touch your toes. Lie back down and continue. 108 times.
6. Stand up and bend your knees as if you were sitting in a chair. Keep your knees bent and your body as low as possible. Your elbows are bent and your hands are up at shoulder level with the thumb and forefinger in gyan mudra. Dance, staying in this position to the best of your ability. Play some rhythmic music (Yogi Bhajan played "Bhor Na Marne Hoaa" by Ragi Sat Nam Singh.) This exercise will give you youth and vigor. It will re-vibrate you. 10 Minutes. The same music is played throughout the remainder of the exercise set.
Much of the wisdom of the body's design is shown through the location and function of the subtle energies. Prana is the energy of activity and inflow. Its central location is the lungs and heart. Apana is the energy of elimination and its central location is the area below the navel point and in the lower pelvis. This set creates a balanced and efficient flow between both areas and the subtle energies they hold. You will draw in energies you need and eliminate toxins, old thoughts, and sticky emotions.
Was this article helpful?
Achieve the Fitness and Wellness for You that you have always wanted by learning the facts so you can take the right steps to maximize your health. Learn How to Achieve Real Fitness and Wellness for a Healthy Body, Mind and Spirit to Improve Your Quality of Life in Today's World. Receive Valuable Information to Discover What Really Matters and What Actually Works in Finding Genuine Wholeness for All Aspects of Your Being.