1. Sit in easy pose. The elbows are bent and the arms are at the sides palms facing forward. The hands are about the level of the ears. The fingers are spread. Begin rapidly moving your hands in small outward circles. These circles pass in front of the face and body as if you were using both hands to wipe a mirror in front of you. The movement is so vigorous that the buttocks are pulled a little off the ground during the circling. Keep your eyes open during this exercise. 5 1/2 Minutes. This exercise works on the thymus gland, the gland which controls all blood diseases. It promotes good circulation in the breast area. The area around the collarbone and the shoulders will be worked on and will feel the effects of the movement.
Relax 1-2 Minutes, but don't close your eyes. If your vision becomes fuzzy, drink a glass of water.
2. Bend your neck forward and press your chin against your chest and repeat exercise 1 for 2 1/2 Minutes. This exercise moves the parathyroid physically. A healthy parathyroid keeps us young; we get old because the parathyroid does not support our thyroid. Bending the neck forward in this way puts pressure on the thyroid and parathyroid. (Please note that this is not our normally used form of Jalandhara Bhand, but a variation of it.) Relax for 1 Minute. Keep your eyes open and stay alert.
3. Still in easy pose, put your hands on your knees (hands cup around the knees comfortably). Using the strength of your hands begin a spinal flex of the area between your shoulder blades. 4 Minutes. Relax but keep your eyes open for 1 Minute.
4. Sitting in the same position as exercise 3, begin churning your diges tive area, moving counter-clockwise. Churn powerfully to move the lower vertebra next to the tailbone. 4 1/2 Minutes. This will give your muscles a new blood supply. The major glandular system is controlled by the pelvic bone area and this adjusts that area.
5. Roll your hands around your wrists for 30 seconds. Relax 5 minutes.
Either sit or walk around. Keep your eyes open, don't be sleepy, stay alert, and talk. Take this time to let the glandular secretion penetrate into the body.
Was this article helpful?
If you're set on loosing weight and becoming more flexible with yoga. Then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read! Who Else Wants To Quickly Get Into Shape, Loose Weight, And Become More 'In Tune' With Your Mind, Body And Spirit In Just 5 Days? It doesn't matter if you've never exercised a day in your life, or your the most fit person in the world... This Yoga guide will help you not only get MORE fit, but make you feel more energized after each workout!