1. Lie down on your stomach with your hands locked behind your back. Raise your hands up as high as possible. Raise your chest up from the ground and lower it back down 108 times, counting out loud. This is Narda Pranaam done by Narda, the disciple of Narayan
2. Roll forward and back on your stomach in bow pose 108 times, counting out loud. This is Hans Pranaam, Swan Salutation.
3. Sit on your heels with your hands in prayer mudra in front of your chest. Stretch your hands and torso forward into Guru Pranaam and return to the sitting position with your hands at your heart. 108 times
4. Lie on your back and jump your body all around vigorously. This can take away all of your nervous problems. 2-1/2 Minutes.
5. Lie down on your stomach with your hands on the ground on either side of your chest. Inhale through the rolled tongue, as in Sitali pranayam, and push yourself up into cobra pose. Exhale through your nose as you return to lying flat. 11/2 Minutes.
6. Mantra Kriya:
Sit in easy pose with a straight spine. Inhale deeply and, while holding the breath in, mentally chant "Har" at the navel point, "Har" at the heart center, "Wha" at the throat center,
"Hey" at the brow point, and "Guru" at the top of the head. Repeat the chanting sequence three times or more as you hold the breath. Exhale and repeat the mental chanting with the breath held out. Continue alternately holding the breath in and holding it out for 11 Minutes. This meditation is as old as man can imagine. It strengthens the nervous system so that nothing can bother you.
7. Sing along with Sangeet Kaur's Naad, the Blessing. 3 Minutes.
Fears cannot be solved Never try to solve a fear. Drop a fear. Never solve your problems. Drop your problems. Take them to the highest part of you and drop them. - Yogi Bhajan
Sit on the left heel, stretch the right leg forward and grab the big toe with the right hand. Pulling back on the toe, grab the heel with the left hand. Keep the chin tucked into the chest and the eyes fixed on the big toe. Inhale deeply - exhale and hold the breath out for 8 seconds keeping mul bhand and diaphragm lock tightly pulled. Inhale. Continue for 3 minutes. Relax for 5 minutes on the back. This exercise is the great seal of yoga: Maha mudra. Its effects fill pages. This exercise can be practiced by itself.
Was this article helpful?