8) Sarvasya buddhi rupena O You who abide as intelligence Janasya hridi samsthite In the hearts of all creatures Swarga-pavarga-de Devi And bestow enjoyment and liberation Narayani namo-stu te Salutations be to You, O Devi Narayani
T^jSKMaaio^ cd^cl ^TTSTTrC
9) Kala kash'hadi rupena Pari-nama-pradayinï Vishvasyo-paratau shakte Narayani namô-stu te
10) Sarva mangala mangale r
Shive sarvatha sadhike r
Sharanye tryambake Gauri Narayani namô-stu te
Shakti-bhute sanatani Gunashraye guna-maye Narayani namô-stu te r
12) Sharan-agata dïnarta Pari-trana parayane Sarva syarti hare Devi Narayani namô-stu te
13) Hamsa yukta vimana-s'he Brahmani rupa dharinï
O You of the form of the course of time Bringing about change in things And have thus the power to destroy the universe. Salutations be to You, O Narayani
O You who are the good of all good O auspicious Devi, who accomplishes every objec The Giver of Refuge, O Three-eyed Gauri Salutations be to You, O Narayani,
O You who have the power of Creation, Sustainance and Destruction and are Eternal. O Substance and Embodiment of the three gunas Salutations be to You, O Narayani
To those that seek refuge under You, You give protection and final liberation. O Devi, who removes the suffering of all, Salutations be to You, O Narayani
You ride in a heavenly chariot yoked with swans And take the form of the Shakti of Shri Brahma
Kaushambhah ksharike Devi O Devi, who sprinkles Kusha grass with water.
Narayani namô-stu te
14) Trishula chandrahi dhare Maha-vrishabha vahinï Maheshwari swa-rupena Narayani namô-stu te
15) Mayura kukkut*a vrite Mahashakti dhare naghe Kaumarï-rupa-samsthane Narayani namô-stu te
Salutations be to You, O Narayani
O You who bear the trident, the moon And the serpent, and ride a huge bull, You have the form of the Consort of Shri Shiva Salutations be to You, O Narayani
O You who are attended by peacock and cock And bear a great spear. O You, who are sinless And take the form of the Shakti of Shri Karttikeya Salutations be to You, O Narayani
16) Shankha chakra gada sharnga O You who grasp the supreme weapons Grihïta param-ayudhe Of conch, discus, club and bow,
Prasïda Vaishnavï rupe Be gracious, O Shakti of Shri Vishnu Narayani namô-stu te Salutations be to You, O Narayani
17) Grihit-ogra maha-chakre O You who grasp a huge formidable discus, Danshtrod-dhrita vasun-dhare And uplift the earth with thy tusk,
Varaha-rupini (hive Narayani namö-stu te
18) Nrisimha rUpen-ogrena Hantum daityan kritodyame Trailokya tr!na sahite Narayani namö-stu te
19) Kirit*inl mahavajra Sahasra nayan-oj-jvale Vritra prana hare Chaindri, Narayani namö-stu te r
20) ShivadUti swarUpena Hata daitya mahabale Ghora rUpe maharave Narayani namö-stu te
21) Danshtra-karata vadane r
Shiro-mala vi-bhUshane Chamunde munda mathane Narayani namö-stu te
O Auspicious Devi, who has a boar-like form, Salutations be to You, O Narayani.
O You who, in the Fierce Form of a man-lion, Put forth Your efforts to slay the demons, O You who benevolently save the three worlds, Salutations be to You, O Narayani.
O You, with a diadem and a great thunderbolt, Are dazzling with a thousand eyes, And took the life of the demon Vritra, O Aindri, Salutations be to you, 0 Narayani.
O You who in the form of Shiva's messenger, Slew the mighty hosts of the Daityas, O You of Terrible Form and Loud Throat, Salutations be to You, O Narayani.
O You who have a face terrible with tusks, And are adorned with a garland of heads, O Devi Chamundi, Slayer of the demon Munda, Salutations be to you, 0 Narayani.
22) Lakshmi lajje maha-vidye, You who are Prosperity, Modesty and Wisdom r
Shraddhe pusht*i swadhe dhuve Faith, Nourishment and Self-establishment
Maha-ratri maha-maye Narayani namö-stu te
23) Meghe Saraswati vare, BhUti babhravi tamasi, Niyate tvam prasideshe Narayani namö-stu te
24) Sarva swarUpe sarveshe Sarva shakti samanvite Bhaye bhyas-trahi no Devi, Durge Devi namö-stu te
The Great Night and Great Illusion, Salutations be to You, O Narayani.
O Cloud-like Goddess of Speech and Music O Dark-coloured Consort of Shri Visnu O Fate of all beings, be propitious. Salutations be to You, O Narayani
O, You who exist as the form and Queen of all, And possess every might Save us from error, O Devi. Salutations be to You, O Devi Durga
T^jSKMaaio^ rci^cj ^TTSTTrC
25) Etathe vadanam saumyam Lochana-traya bhushitam Patu nah sarva bhuti-bhyah Katyayani namo-stu te.
26) Jvala-karalam-atyugram Ashesh-asura sudanam Trishulam patu no bh!ter Bhadrakali namo-stu te
27) Hinasti daitya-tejansi Svanena-purya ya jagat Sa ghan'ha patu no Devi Papebhaye nah sutaniva
28) Asur-asrigva-sapanka Charchitaste karoj-jvalah r
Shubhaya khadghe bhavatu, Chandike tvam nata vayam,
May this benign countenance of yours Adorned with three eyes, Protect us from all fears Salutations be to You, O Katyayani
Terrible with flames, fiercely wielding a club, Completely destroying all the demons, May Your trident guard us from fear, Salutations be to You. O Bhadrakali.
Your bell destroys the prowess of the Daityas, And fills the world with its ringing, Guard us, O Devi, as a mother protects, Her children from all sins and fears.
May Your sword, smeared with the mire-like, Blood and fat of the Asuras, And gleaming with rays, be for our welfare, O Chandika, we bow to you.
29) Roga-nashesh-anapahansi tusht*a When satisfied, You destroy all illness, Rusht*a tu kaman sakal-ana-bh!sht*an Wrathful You frustrate all desires, Tvam-ashritanam na vi-pannara-nam No calamity befalls whoever seeks You Tvam-ashrita hyashrayatam prayanti And they become a refuge of others.
30) Etatkritam yatkadanam tvayadhya This slaughter that You have now Dharma-dvisham devi mah-asuranam wrought, on the great Asuras who hate righteousness, by multiplying Rupair-anekair-bahudh-atma-murti Your own form into many, O Ambika Kritv-ambike tat-prakaroti kanya which other can do that work?
31) Vidyasu shastreshu vivekad!pe In the sciences, scriptures and the Vedas Shvadyeshu vakyeshu cha ka tvadanya You light the lamp of discrimination, Mamatvagarte timahandha-kare And yet You cause this universe to swirl, Vi-bhrama-yatye-tadativa vishvam In the dense darkness of attachment.
32) Rakshamsi yatre-gravishashra naga Where Rakshasas and poisonous snakes, Yatrarayo dasyubalani yatra. Where foes and hosts of robbers exist, Davanalo yatra tathabdhi-madhye Where forest fires occur and in mid-sea, Tatra sthita tvam paripasi vishvam There You stand and save the world.
Was this article helpful?