O Devi, protect us from all fear offoes Yath-asura-vadha-da-dhunaiva sadyah
As You have by this slaughter of Asuras. Papani sarva-jagatam prashaman nayashu
And destroy all sins and calamities. Utpata-paka-janitamsh-cha mahopasargan
35) Pranatanam prasida O Devi who remove the afflictions of the universe Tvam Devi vishvarti-harini Be gracious to us who have bowed to You, Trai-lokya-vasinaminye. Worshipped by the dwellers of the three Worlds Lokanam varada bhava Be Boon -giver to all the worlds.
36) The Devi said;
37) O Devas, I am prepared to bestow a boon. Choose whatever boon you desire in your mind, for the welfare of the world. I shall grant it.'
38-) The Devas said: O Queen of all, in this same manner, You must destroy all our enemies and all the afflictions of the three worlds.
40-) The Devi said: 'When the twenty-eighth age has arrived during the period of Vaiva-svata Manu, two other great Asuras, Shumbha and Nishumbha will be born.
42) Then born from the womb of Yashoda, in the home of cowherd Nanda, and dwelling on the Vindhya mountains, I will destroy them both.
43) And again having incarnated in a very terrible form on the earth, I shall slay the Danavas, who are the descendants of Viprachitti.
44) When I shall devour the fierce and great Asuras descended from Viprachitti, My teeth shall become red like the flower of pomegranate.
45) Therefore when the Devas in Heaven and men on the Earth praise Me, they shall always talk of Me as Rakta-dantakam (Red-toothed)
46) And again when rain shall fail for a period of hundred years, propitiated by the munis I shall be born on the drought-ridden earth, but not womb-begotten.
47) Then I shall behold the munis with a hundred eyes and so mankind shall glorify Me as Shat-akshimi (Hundred-eyed)
48) At that time, O Devas, I shall maintain the whole world with life-sustaining vegetables, born out of My own cosmic body, till rains set in.
49) I shall be famed on the earth then as Shakam-bhari (Herb-nourishing) At that very period I shall slay the great Asura named Durgama.
50-)Thereby I shall have the celebrated name of Durga-devi. And again, assuming a terrible form on the mountain Himalaya, I shall destroy the Rakshasas for the protection of the munis. Then all the munis, bowing their bodies reverently, shall praise Me, and thereby I shall have the celebrated name of Bhima-devi (Terrifying Goddess).When the demon Aruna shall wreak great havoc in the three worlds, having taken a collective bee-form, consisting of innumerable bees, I shall slay the great Asura for the good of the world.
54-) And then people shall laud Me everywhere as Bhramar! (Bee-like). Thus whenever trouble arises due to the advent of the Dänavas, I shall incarnate and destroy the foes.
Here ends the eleventh chapter called' Hymn to Narayani' of Devi-Mahätmya in Märkandeya-purana, during the period of Savarni, the Manu.
Was this article helpful?
Command is the thing derived from reality and might. Reality without might achieves nothing. Might without reality renders wasted action. The idea of taking command teaches you to purposefully blend knowledge and actions to develop levelheaded results. This book will provide insight to command.