In the boat pose, don't hold your breath, even as you are concentrating on balancing. Your feet may fall to the floor at first. Whether you are doing the full boat pose or the half boat pose (see the following description), keep your leg position steady and your knees together.
The boat pose.
1. For the full boat pose, sit on the floor with your knees bent in front of you and your arms holding your knees.
2. Lean back to about a 45-degree angle, bring your feet off the floor, and balance on your tailbone.
3. Raise your feet straight up in the air so your body forms a V shape. For balance, extend your arms straight out, parallel to the floor at about knee level.
4. Imagine you are bobbing on top of the water like a little rowboat.
The half boat pose.
5. Getting Started: If balancing in the full boat pose with the half boat pose. Keep your knees bent, but all the way up raise them to a right angle to the floor. Keep your knees together. Bring your hands alongside your feet with your palms facing in.
is too difficult at first, start instead of raising your feet
Was this article helpful?