1. Aladar Kogler, Ph.D. Yoga for Athletes: Secrets of an Olympic Coach (St. Paul, Minn.: Llewellyn, 1999), xix.
2. For a whimsical and informative first-hand account of one "outsider's" foray into yoga territory, see Tim Cahill, "Yoga Kicked My Butt," Yoga Journal (September/October 2000).
3. Gilles Toucas, "Richard Gere, un Homme Engagé," Santé Fitness 63 (April 2002): 23.
4. Dimity McDowell, "Yoga for Baseball," Yoga Journal (July/August 2000).
5. Joni Hyde, "Stretching for Results" (July 31, 2002) available at www.yoga.com.
6. Quoted in McDowell, op. cit.
7. Quoted in Dimity McDowell, "Yoga for Kickboxing," Yoga Journal (September/ October 2000).
Was this article helpful?
A complete guide on Eastern practices of breathing, mental, psychic and spiritual development. The book teaches that Yoga is divided into several branches, ranging from that which teaches the control of the body, to that which teaches the attainment of the highest spiritual development.