3 . For an interesting article profiling individual practitioners of yoga at different ages, see Donna Raskin, "As Time Goes By," Yoga Journal, December 2001.
4. Patricia Leigh Brown, "Latest Way to Cut Grade School Stress: Yoga," The New York Times, March 24, 2002.
5. Adam Skolnick, "Seeds of Change: Yoga for Troubled Youth" available online at www.yimag.org, 2000.
6. Quoted in Georg Feuerstein, trans. and ed., Teachings of Yoga (Boston: Shambhala, 1997), 4.
8. Quoted in Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Ph.D. At the Eleventh Hour: The Biography of Swami Rama, (Honesdale, Pa.: Himalayan Institute Press, 2001), 359.
9. Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, quoted in Maggie Fox, "Healthy Older Americans," a Reuters' news release dated September 12, 2002.
10. For a comprehensive presentation of yoga for mature practitioners, including designing a yoga practice, see Suza Francina, The New Yoga for People Over 50 (Deerfield Beach, Fla.: Health Communications, 1997).
12. Gary Kraftsow, as quoted at www.viniyoga.com.
Was this article helpful?
Is Your Work Pressure Building Up And The 'Stress Meter' Going Up? Not Able To Find Time To Relax? Desperately Looking For Ways To Calm Your Body, Mind, And Soul And Rejuvenate Your Entire Being? Fret Not! Finally! Discover Some Little-Known, But Highly Effective And Time-Proven Tips And Tricks To Help You Learn YogaTackle Any Stressful Situation, And Keep Yourself Grounded, Relaxed And Poised Start Smiling, You Are Now Safe With Yoga!