The reader should bear the following points in mind when practising the asana:
1. Do not sit on the heel; merely place the heel in contact with the side of the buttocks.
2. Make sure that the back is as passive as possible; this is important to obtain optimum benefits.
3. Do not try to twist the spine more than its flexibility will allow; with time and practice your muscles will become more supple and you will gradually find that you will be able to twist more and more.
4. In the final position the shoulders should remain at the same level.
5. Keep the back straight and upright in the final position.
Was this article helpful?