The following exercises are excellent for loosening up the legs:
1. .Ardha titali asana (half butterfly0
2. Kawa chalasana (crow walking0
3. Shroni chakra (hip rotation1'
4. Poorna titali asana (full butterfly)
5. Kashtha takshanasana (chopping wood)
6. Vayu nishkasana (wind releasing pose) These last three exercises we will cover in this topic. Actually all asanas loosen up the legs in one way or another, but the six that we have given are particularly useful for people initiating a serious practice of meditation.
POORNA TITALI ASANA (FULL BUTTERFLY POSE)
This practice is so called because the legs move up and down like a butterfly's wings, and when mastered it loosens the rigidity of the muscles and tendons in the groins which prevent the knees from touching the ground during meditative asanas.
Was this article helpful?