• Sit in a comfortable position.
• Hold one hand under your nose and observe your breathing.
• Which nostril is the air coming from?
• Close your right nostril with the right thumb.
• Breathe in through your left nostril for a count of four.
• Close your left nostril with the left index finger; hold your breath for a count of four.
• Release your thumb and exhale through your right nostril for a count of eight.
• Now switch nostrils. Keep your left nostril closed and breathe in through the right nostril, then out through the left while closing the right nostril with your thumb.
• Repeat the sequence a few times.
Was this article helpful?