0. As in the basic movement. ^Sit on your heels with your hands on vour knees.) Initial Phase
1. As in the basic movement. (Inhaling in four counts, extend your arms over your head and open your chest.)
1. As in the basic movement. (Exhaling in four counts, lie down prone with vour forehead on the ground and extend your arms by your
3. Inhaling in tour counts, with your hands pull your feet towards your shoulders, thoroughly arching your torso.
4. Exhaling quickly in two counts by emitting an aspirated HA. strongly pull your feet and place the heels on your shoulders, interlace your fingers and push the toes down, and rest your chin on your interlaced hands.
5. Applying an empty contracted hold as long as you can, draw your sides in.
6. As in the basic movement. (Inhaling in four counts, sir on your heels and extend your arms over your head.)
7. As in the basic movement. (Exhaling in four counts, bend forward lowering your forehead and arms to the ground in front of you.)
This is the series of yantras for applying the contracted hold, eadijwtfnt with seven phases of breathing.
The Overcoming of Obstacles savs:
The Frog Pose heals ailments of the spine and the spinal cord[ of the joints and ligaments of the limbs; it eliminates pains of the chest and liver; madness and mutism, and problems of the five pranas. I he same holds true for the movements for training and for progressing.260
As stated, these vantrns help to overcome ailments of the spine and spinal cord, and of the joints, tendons and muscles of the head and limbs; they heal ailments that cause pains in the area of the chest or in the liver, problems caused by anomalous functioning of the life-sustaining prdna such as psychosis and mutism, etc. provoked by this prdna entering the life-channel, and all problems due to anomalous functioning of the other four pranas.
Was this article helpful?