At the end of all the yantras, in order to overcome hindrances to the channels and the prdna (perform) the Vajra Wave.
After practicing any type of yon* it is indispensable to apply the Vajra Wave, a profound method for eliminating hindrances related to the channels and pram.
With your bullocks on the ground and your leosjonwrd, cetendyour arms over your head, inhaling quickly and forcefully.
1. Sitting with your legs extended forward and your hands on your knees: inhaling forcefully, extend your arms over your head.
Exhaling "quickly andforcefully, <urn your arms back and lover your forehead to your knees M
2. Exhaling forcefully, lower your arms and extend them back with the palms facing upward, press your neeis v place with the soles of your feet together and lower your head to the ground in front of vour toes.
Inhalmg quickly, lie down supine bringing your legs back to their former position and your arms over your head.
3. Inhaling forcefully. lie down on your back and return your lc^s to their former position extended forward and your arms over your head.
Exhaling quickly, extend your arms by your side and push your legs over your head.
4. Exhaling forcefully, extend your arms by your sides and raise your legs stretching them out past your head as in the Plough pose.
Inhaling quickly, open your arms and legs directly.
5. Inhaling forcefully, open your arms and legs.
Exhaling quickly, strike your left knee and elbow.
6. Exhaling forcefully, keeping your torso on the ground, energetically strike the inside of your left elbow with your right hand and the side of your left knee with the sole of your right foot.
Inhaling quickly, rub your chest and your thigh to the base.
7. Inhaling forcefully, with your right hand rub from the inside of your left elbow to your chest, and with your right foot from your left knee to the top of your thigh, then open your arms and legs.
Exhaling quickly, strike your right elbow and knee.
8. Exhaling forcefully, with your left hand energetically strike the inside of your right elbow and with the sole of your left foot strike the side of your right knee.
Inhaling (juickly, rub the two right (limbs) and open them.
9. Inhaling forcefully, rub your body starring from the inside of your right elbow and knee with your left hand and foot, then open them.
Exhaling quickly, cross your arms and press your knees.
10. Exhaling forcefully, wrap your arms around your knees hugging them to your chest.
Inhaling quickly, opening your feet two cubits apart, stand up and extend your arms over your head.
I I. Inhaling forcefully, place the soles of your feet 011 the ground opening them two cubits apart, stand straight up and extend your arms over your head.
Exhaling quicklyf touch the tips of your toes with (the tips of) your left hand and extend your right arm up twisting your torso.
12. Exhaling forcefully, bend forward touching your left fingertips to the tips of your right toes and raise your right arm straight upward fixing your gaze on the fingertips of the right hand, twisting your torso to the right.
Inhaling quickly, extend your arms over your head.
13. Inhaling forcefully, straighten your torso and extend your arms over your head.
Exhaling quickly, do the same reversing the legs and arms.
14. Exhaling forcefully, do the same movement on the other side. That is: bend forward touching your right fingertips to the tips of your left toes and raise your left arm straight upward fixing your gaze on the fingertips of the left hand, twisting your torso to the left.
15. inhaling forcefully, straightening your torso, extend your arms over your head and bring your legs parallel.
16. Exhaling forcefully, grasp your ankles w ith vour hands and lower vour forehead to vour knees.
17. Inhaling forcefully straighten your torso and open your arms wide apart.
18. Exhaling forcefully, sit on your heels joining the palms of your hands with the soles of your feet and bending your torso forward/14
19. Inhaling forcefully, place your buttocks on the ground and bring the joined soles of your feet to your secret place, extending your arms over your head, and continue applying the phases of inhalation nnd exhalation as before two more times, so as to perform the exercise three times.
At the end, with your buttocks on the ground open (your knees) in tsog(kyil) inhaling quickly, then exhaling quickly lie down flat like a corpse; inhaling and exhaling slowly and deeply, relax the three doors in their natu ral condition.
At the end of these movements, inhaling forcefully place your buttocks on the ground with the soles of your feet together and your knees apart, and extend your arms over your head.
20. Exhaling forcefully, lie down like a corpse.
Then, inhaling and exhaling slowly and deeply, naturally and without any modification, rest relaxing all tensions in your body, all speech, and all thoughts in your mind in their natural and authentic condition.
The Overcoming of Obstacles says:
Furthermore, if the prdnas are excessively strong or weak, if they surpass their measure, if they are mixed, if they are functioning anomalously, if they thicken in a halo, if they are interrupted, if they spread in a disorder-ly way, if one's vision appears as fire, as water, as a deity or as an enemy, if one utters unheard teachings, if one wishes to jump from a cliff, or wishes to weep or to laugh: all of these are gradually overcome by means of the Vajra Wave.ns
The fourteen movements of the Vajra Wave combined with the phases of inhalation and exhalation help one to gradually overcome obstacles to the practice, represented here by fourteen kinds of experiences:316
I . The excessive strength317 or weakness of the life-sustaining prdtta or of one of the other four prdnas in relation to their normal condition.
2. The circulation of the prdtta in ways that surpass the usual dura-
3. The commingling or mixing of the energies of the diverse prdnas*10
4. The anomalous functioning of the prdna in relation to its ordinary functioning.321
5. The lack of functioning of the prdna due to excessive condensing, similar to the thickened light of a halo. "
6. The interruption in the functioning of the prdna.
7. The irregular functioning of the prdna due to its spreading in a disordered manner.324
Then, based on the diverse functions derived from the way the prdna circulates in its seats, one can have the following experiences:325
8. Perceiving vision as fire.
9. Perceiving vision as water.
10. Perceiving vision as deities.
11. Perceiving vision as enemies. '
12. Speaking words of teachings that one has never heard or studied.3 ,0
13. The wish to jump from a cliff.
14. The wish to weep332 or to laugh,333
Furthermore, concerning the general benefits of \antra Yoga, The Overcoming of Obstacles says:
The temporary benefits are that balance of the four elements is restored, all illnesses caused by defects of the prärta are quelled, the senses become clearer and physical strength is increased; the definitive (benefit) is the attainment of the eight great stddhis and the supreme siddhi.XXA
Properly practicing these series of yantras, the temporary benefits are that balance of che four elements - earth, water, fire and air - is restored, and the body maintains good health; all the various types of disturbances caused by malfunctions of the life-sustaining präna and of the four other pränas are quelled; sight and the other senses become clearer and one's physical strength increases. The definitive benefit is that one acquires the
'eight great siJJhs \ an important necessity, and the supreme siddhi.535 The eight great siddhis are:
1. The siddhi of the celestial dimensions, the power to abide in space without dvine.
2. The siddhi of the sword, the power to conquer hordes of enemies.
3.1 he siddhi of the pill, the power to render one's body invisible by means of a medicine.
4. The siddhi of the swift gait, the power to cross seas and to traverse continents in a second by donning special boots.
5. The siddhi of the vase, the power to enjoy foods and riches from a vase with inexhaustible contents.
6. The siddhi of the subjugation of the Yaksas.
7. The siddhi of the vital substance, the power to prolong life and to strengthen the body.
8. The siddhi of the eye ointment, the power to detect treasures under the ground. "
_Final Advice & Conclusion 365
Was this article helpful?