The third series is called SarJitng (Wr jugpu rhb or ] he Secret Breathing. Method for Directing the Prana into the Central Channel. It comprises a pranayama and five vituras.
The secret breathing, method for capturing the (tannic prana) within the central channel. The posture is the lotus, with the hands hold,ng the sides with the thumbs turned forward and the torso stretched: (this is) is the posture of Humcben Kara.
:90 1>U Si-irtr Bk; mhint. ior Oirk unc. mi IVvnv inio iiii Central Chanel
Sir m the Lows pose, first placing the left foot on the right thigh then the right foot on the left thigh. Firmly grasp your sides with your hands, keeping the thumbs turned forward towards the navel and the fingers on your back. Then open your chest and shoulders and straighten your spine. This is the posture of the Mahasiddha Humchen Kara.17*
n. Concentration js^q-arp^-«w^wf|j p)f w?*^sfc' *%1'W^]
The method of concentration: meditate on your body as a pure and clear dimension; at the center of this inseparability of appearance and emptiness, visualise the central channel having six characteristics, with a luminous blue HUM at the navel m
Visualize that your body is no longer a material body made of flesh and blood but a dimension as pure as crystal, clear in its appearance, yet at the same time, empty by its own nature.1 At the center of this inseparability of appearance and emptiness, clearly visualize the central channel having six characteristics:
1) empty, from the perspective of the essence;
2) clear, from the perspective of the nature;
3 white on the outside and with a red glow on the inside, from the perspective of the potentiality of energy;181
4) straight, since it is self-perfected and unaltered;
5) open at the crown of the head, since the upper door is the gate of liberation;
6) closed four fingers below the navel, in order to keep the lower door naturally blocked.182
Then at the navel center, inside the central channel, visualize a small sphere of five concentric lights,1»3 symbol of the immortal condition of print, and at its center, a blue HUM, the natural form of the vajra of the
Mind.,M resplendent with vivid light which illuminates the entire central channel.
i hird SERlb'V th> ft. —-r.**1**' iDf rranjytmt j^j exPatid the central ^nnel with the HUM (so that) it becomes as large as the body, the place, the mountains and sea, until it is equal to the whole universe; in this way, one purifies the traees of karmic vision in the ultimate dimension.
Once you have become skilled in the previous visualization, imagine enlarging the central channel with the HUM, which represents the ultimate essence of mind. At the beginning, expand it to tine size of your body, then to the size of your room or place, then to the si/c of a mountain, of the sea and so on, expanding it more and more until it equals the space of the entire universe. In this way, one has to purify all traces of karmic vision of oneself and others into the ultimate dimension of existence,185 in the same way that dew disappears as soon as it is touched by the rays of the sun.
Then shrink the central channel with the HUM, reducing it to a smaller and smaller size. In this way, train in expanding and reabsorbing, maintaining concentration on the HUM.
Then imagine returning the central channel with the HUM to its original size; then reduce this gradually until it becomes as slender as a horses hair, and finally as slender as a ray of sunlight. Thus one has to train diligently in concentrating on the very slender HUM.
Once you have become skilled in this visualization, you should train simultaneously in the phases of expansion and reabsorption of the central channel and the HUM until you have perfected your ability to the utmost.186
['here are different explanations of the size of the central channel, for example that it should be visualized the width of a wheat straw or a bamboo cane etc.; however, the master and siddha Changchub Dorjc said, "The central channel of primordial wisdom is not something material like the veins and nerves, so it is best to visualize it in the way that comes most easily and naturally for you .
192 Tiu St..ki i Bki whisv, IOR PmiqiNu n«: PKVNA tNTOTHi C\ ntral Channel
The verv bet that in this text there are no instructions concerning i the size of* the central channel can be taken as an indication to adhere to this principle.
Once vou have mastered the visualization of the central channel.
you should visualize the two side channels in this way. To the right of the central channel is the white Roma channel, which winds around to its left and then, in the upper part, bends at the level of the nape of the neck and ftnalh ends in the ri^ht nostril. To the left of the central chan-
/ w nel is the red Kyangma channel, which winds around to its right and then, in the upper part, bends at the level of the nape of the neck and finallv ends in the left nostril. The two channels are joined with the cen-/
tral channel of primordial wisdom at its base, four fingers below rhe navel. Ira in until you have fully perfected this visualization; women should do the visualization reversing the position of the channels.
The breathing method; inhale the karmic air long and slowly through the Rotna and Kyangma paths, (then apply) a light closed hold to capture the air the central channel, pull the sides in and draw it through the force of the HUM
Inhale the karmic air directly, slowly and deeply through the Roma and
Kyangma channels; then direct it pushing it down and apply a light closed hold so as to capture it in the central channel. Stretching your chest so as not to push out the abdomen and vigorously drawing your sides in. tense vonr body thoroughly, applying a contracted hold. In that moment, imagine that the force of the HUM, visualized at the navel in the central channel, instantaneously absorbs all the karmic air, just as a magnet draws iron filings.
By vibrantly sounding HUM while relaxing your nostrils, lips, and teeth, all the traces oj outer and inner karmic vision are purified; (in this way)
Third Sf.rivs: Tht prJnJv4
train (to perceive) the whole universe as the HUM in (a dimension of)
Then relaxing your nostrils, lips, and teeth, softly sound a long HUM so that its vibration resonates deeply throughout the body. At the same time imagine that all traces of outer karmic vision, such as material objects and of 'inner* karmic vision, such as your body of flesh and blood, together with all illnesses, provocations of energy and disturbances. are purified in their own condition and all phenomena of the universe manifest in a dimension of uninterrupted clarity in the form of infinite f 1 11 ff" erent sizes, like dust specks we see in ravs of sun light. Train in all this with diligence.
Thus, by mastering the expansion and reabsorption oj the HUM through the inhalation, the closed hold and the emitting of its sound), the karmic air will enter completely inside the central channel and illusory vision will manifest as primordial wisdom
Thus, after having inhaled the karmic air through the solar and lunar paths, by holding it closed and applying a contraction, the karmic air is captured within the central channel; then intoning the sound HUM, the whole universe is purified in the dimension of the HUM. Mastering these phases of expansion and reabsorption. all the karmic pranas will completely enter into the central channel and all the illusory v isions produced by dualism will manifest as primordial wisdom.
The way to visualize the three channels
The five xantras are:
The Bow or Zhumo, for open hold. The Half-Moon or Dache. for directed hold. The Lion or Senge. for closed hold. The Vulture or Go, for contracted hold. The Triangle or Chojung, for empty hold.
V w RILs
V w RILs
The-: first triad of yantras. The Bow Post, is for applying the opkn hold.
196 Tm SiiKir Bkiat>«no ior DIRHtingnn Pr\n\ into 1 mi Crnihai Channm
Basic Movi mi:n r
Lie front and extend your arms backwards, with your legs bent grasp \cur ankles and. hiding open for one complete cycle, arch the back of your head, push your chest out and stretch your arms like a bow.
0. Sit on your heels with your hands on your knees.
1. Inhaling in four counts, extend your arms over your head opening vour chest.
2. Exhaling in four counts, place your hands on the ground and lie prone with your forehead on the ground, then extend your arms along your sides.
3. Inhaling in four counts, extend your arms backwards, bend your legs and grasp your ankles.
4. Holdi ng open for four counts, arch your head back and push your chest out. stretching your arms and legs strongly without raising your knees, so as to form a how shape.
5. Exhaling in four counts. lower your legs and chest and place your hands on the ground at chest level and your forehead on the ground.
6. Inhaling in four counts, rise up straightening your arms over your head and sit on your heels.
7. Exhaling in four counts, remaining seated, lower your forehead to the ground in front of your knees and extend your arms forward.
Third Series: The Bow
Third Series: The Bow
Final Ph asi
Movement for Training
For trainim, with your bands crossed, grasp your ankles and stretch (your amis ', rocking in open hold.
0. As in the basic movement. (Sit on your heels with your hands on your knees.) Initial Phase
1. As in the basic movement, (Inhaling in tour counts, extend your arms over your head opening your chest.)
As in the basic movement. (Exhaling in four counts, place your hands on the ground and lie prone with your forehead on the ground, then extend your arms along your sides.) Central Phase
3. Inhaling in four counts, cross your arms behind your back and grasp vour ankles after having bent your legs, stretching your arms forcefully like pulling a bowstring.
4. Holding open as long as you can, arch your head back, push your chest out and your feet backwards, rocking sideways right and left.
5. As in the basic movement, (Exhaling in four counts, lower your legs and chest and place your hands on the ground at chest level, and your forehead on the ground. J * .
6. As in the basic movement. (Inhaling in four counts, rise up straightening your arms over your head and sit on your heels.)
7. As in the basic movement. (Exhaling in four counts, remaining seated, Sower vour forehead to the ground in front of your knees and extend your arms forward.)
Initiai. Phase Centrai Phase
Open Ho IJ
Slou I xhAl.ition
200 The Ssn«.r Brim i «m; h*Dirk i inc. the Prana imto the Central Channel
Movement for Progressing
For progressing, (pass) your hands over your shoulders joining your thumbs and bio tees. (This is the series) for the open hold, with seven
0. As in the basic movement, (Sir on your heels with your hands on your knees.) Initial Phase
1. -\s in the basic movement. (Inhaling in four counts, extend your arms over your head opening your chest.)
2. As in the basic movement, (exhaling in four counts, place your hands on the ground and lie prone with your forehead on the ground,) except that you extend your arms forward.
3. Inhaling in four counts, arch your head back and bend your arms one at a time) passing them over your shoulders, and bending your legs upward, grasp your toes, joining your thumbs and big toes.
4. Holding open as long as you can, thoroughly stretch and tense your whole body like pulling a bowstring.
5* Exhaling in four counts, place your knees on the ground, sit on your heels and lower vour hands and head to the ground in front of vour knees.
6. Inhaling in four counts, rise up onto your knees placing your toes on the ground and extending your arms over your head.
7. Exhaling in four counts, extend your legs straight forward and grasp the outer sides of your feet, bringing your forehead to your knees.
Initiai Pm am
This is the series of yantras for applying the open hold, each yantra with seven phases of breathing.
The Overcoming oj Obstacles says:
The Bow Pbsc eliminates ailments of the spine and the spinal cord, oj the kidneys and joints of the lumbar region, of the ligaments, oj the jive jull and six hollow organs, lack oj appetite, bad digestion, and problems oj all five prdnas. The same holds true for the movements jor training and jor progressing.187
As stated, these yantras help to overcome ailments of the spine and spinal cord, kidney problems and pains in the joints and bones of the lumbar region, problems of the ligaments and tendons of the torso and limbs, ailments of the five full and six hollow organs, lack of appetite and bad digestion, and to eliminate all problems caused by damaged, impaired or disordered functioning of the five prdnas.
third ^ra series
Was this article helpful?
Secrets To Living Longer And Healthier Revealed By Nutrition Scientist! Insider Nutrition Secrets. Have you ever wondered what it might be like to find the long lost Fountain of Youth? We cant promise you that, but we can give you a close second. Starting today, learn the facts about what your body really needs to survive longer and healthier. Discover insider information from a former food and drug expert. Learn how a new food or drug is developed from the beginning until it finally reaches your grocers shelves.